Yes, you can select your preferred seat during the booking process. If you have an existing booking, you may be able to select your own seat. Charges may apply.
We try to honour any advance seating requests. However, we cannot guarantee a particular seat, even after the aircraft is fully boarded. This may be necessary for operational, safety or security reasons.
Yes, you can. Please contact us on our support channels
to make the necessary arrangements.
Please make sure that the credit card is accepted by our payment gateway. If your credit card was declined while trying to pay for a selected seat, contact us on our support channels
to complete your payment without losing your selected seat.
You should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of making the payment; please make sure that you white-list flyEgypt so that our emails to you don't get filtered into spam or junk. If that doesn’t seem to work, please prepare your booking information and contact us on our support channels
Your ticket’s fare conditions will appear during the booking process, or in the ticket issued to you. If after you make a booking, you cannot find these conditions, please contact us on any of our support channels
Unfortunately, international regulations prevent us from making name changes on any booked tickets, unless the change is to correct a mistake. To do so, please contact us on any of our support channels
We know life is full of surprises, and sometimes plans change at the last minute. If you have a flight that you are no longer able to take, please contact us on any of our support channels
and let us know. We will credit you with your fare value minus applicable taxes and duties, as well as our administration fee.
flyEgypt’s fares are calculated to be as affordable and competitive as possible. A substantial portion of the ticket’s cost is determined by taxes, charges and fees imposed by governments, airports or other authorities which are shown separately when you are purchasing the ticket.
A substantial portion of your ticket cost is determined by charges that constantly change and which passengers are liable to pay. In cases where the ticket tax, charge or fee increases, flyEgypt will let you know in advance, and you will have to pay the difference before boarding the flight.
We accept payment in multiple currencies. In most cases, you will be given choices during the booking process to pay in the currency you prefer.
Tickets are valid for up to 12 months from date of issuance.
Check your ticket conditions; depending on the type of ticket, you may make changes up to 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure. Additional fares and rebooking fees may apply.
If, for medical reasons, you are unable to travel within your ticket’s period of validity, it may be extended until you become fit to travel. flyEgypt will also extend the ticket’s validity for immediate family members accompanying you on the flight you were prevented from completing. An attested medical certificate will be required.
If your trip includes a stop-over, you will receive more than one boarding card (coupon). Each coupon entitles you to a flight from a departure point to one destination. Coupons in your ticket must be taken in the sequence outlined in your booking. If you wish to change the sequence of your coupons, you must contact us as early as possible and at least 24 hours before your upcoming coupon’s scheduled departure time. If your new arrangements come with a higher fare, we will let you know. If you need to make a change to one of your coupons due to circumstances outside your control, we will do everything we can to help you complete your journey without any additional charges (if you are able to demonstrate that your circumstances are unavoidable). Flight coupons have no value.
Occasionally, we make arrangements with other airlines to help us get you to your destination. In such cases, you will be made aware of this arrangement when making your booking and the code-share partner’s conditions of carriage apply.
If you are eligible for a refund, the following policy applies:
- The refund is made to either the person whose name is on the ticket or the person who has paid for the ticket, upon presentation of satisfactory proof of payment;
- If the ticket has refund restrictions, flyEgypt shall make a refund only to the person who paid for the ticket;
- Refunds are made once the ticket and any unused flight coupons are surrendered to the entity or agent that completed your booking. This does not apply to electronic ticket holders;
- Refunds for bookings paid by credit card will only be credited to the account used to pay for the ticket.
- The refunded amount and currency will be the same as that specified on the flight ticket and may be subject to additional conversion rates and fees by the credit card company. Any differences shall not constitute grounds for claims against us by the refund’s recipient.
Yes. We will require the original credit card used to make payments, or some form of authorisation from the original credit card holder to the passenger.
Check-in requirements vary by airport and country. Find out the details on your ticket or from your travel agent. If you are unsure or cannot find this information, please contact us on our support channels
. As a rule of thumb, passengers are advised to be at the airport at least 3 hours prior to departure for international flights, and at least 2 hours before departure for domestic flights.
flyEgypt’s policy is not to overbook flights. If a flight is overbooked, flyEgypt is committed to offering compensation, assistance and a ticket refund based on the regulations governing your booking at the time. While priority will be given to unaccompanied minors, elderly persons, ill and differently-abled passengers as well as mothers travelling with young children, other passengers are called and asked if they are willing to surrender their reservations in exchange for benefits and privileges. Any compensation we offer will be considered when deciding further claims for damage.
This information will be explained to you at check-in and indicated on your ticket. Failure to appear at the boarding gate before the gate closing time may result in cancelling your seat and offloading any of your checked-in baggage.
Contact one of our ground service staff at the check-in counters as soon as possible so that our we can issue a replacement. If you do not find assistance at the check-in counter, please proceed to the boarding gate and speak to one of our staff there. Your flight’s gate and departure details can be found on airport information screens or at the information desk.
Let us know as soon as possible, and we will help you make alternative travel arrangements. Many of our fares are valid only on a specific date or for a particular flight, which means some tickets cannot be changed at all, or requires a change fee. Please check the conditions of your ticket carefully before booking. If you are unsure, please contact us on any of our support channels.
If you do not show up for any flight prior to the check-in deadline, we may cancel your return or onward reservations and charge an administrative fee.
In rare circumstances, flyEgypt may deny boarding for a passenger. This can occur in the following conditions:
- flyEgypt is obliged to do so to comply with applicable national or international laws or regulations, or in accordance with the airline’s policies;
- flyEgypt has reason to believe that the passenger, or their baggage, endanger or affect the safety or health of flyEgypt’s passengers and crew;
- flyEgypt has reason to believe that the passenger’s mental or physical state (including but not limited to impairment from alcohol, drugs) poses a threat or hazard to the passenger’s self, fellow passengers, crew and staff, aircraft or property;
- the passenger refuses a security check of their self or their baggage; fails to provide satisfactory answers to questions; attempts to tamper with or remove any security seals on their baggage or boarding pass;
- the passenger does not have a valid form of identification, or does not satisfy visa requirements which flyEgypt is obliged to follow;
- the passenger presents a ticket that appears to have been acquired unlawfully, or purchased from an entity that is not authorised by us to resell flyEgypt tickets;
- the passenger fails to provide sufficient support to prove that s/he is the person on the ticket;
- the passenger fails to follow the safety and flyEgypt’s security instructions, or in any way acts in a manner that hinders the performance of flyEgypt team;
- flyEgypt has a documented case of misconduct on a previous part of the passenger’s journey and has reason to believe that this may happen again on the upcoming flight;
- the passenger uses threatening, abusive, insulting, harassing or indecent words or behaves in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner to ground staff or members of the crew prior to or during boarding the aircraft or disembarkation from or on a connecting flight or on board the aircraft before take-off;
- the passenger fails to observe flyEgypt’s instructions relating to safety or security and comfort of other passengers (for example, amongst other things, on seating; storage of unchecked baggage; smoking; consumption of alcohol; use of drugs; use of electronic equipment, including mobile cellular phones, laptop computers, PDAs, portable recorders, portable radio, CD, DVD and MP3 players, electronic games or transmitting devices or cause chaos and disturbance onboard the aircraft;
- the passenger made, attempted to make, or appears to have made, a bomb hoax, hijack threat or any other security threat;
- flyEgypt has been informed (orally or in writing) by immigration or other authorities of the country to which you are traveling to or through which you may intend to transit, or of a country in which you have a stopover planned, that you will not be permitted entry to such country even if you have valid travel documents;
- the passenger fails or refuses to provide flyEgypt information in their possession, or available to them, which a governmental authority has lawfully asked flyEgypt to provide about the passenger, or it appears to flyEgypt that any information the passenger has given is false or misleading;
- the passenger is medically unfit to fly without the correct attested documentation from medical professionals;
- the passenger is, or flyEgypt reasonably suspects they are, in unlawful possession of drugs;
Alcohol is allowed on board flyEgypt flights. However, we do not serve nor provide servicing for alcoholic beverages.
We strive to abide by our scheduled flight times. To do this, we may arrange for a flight to be operated on our behalf by an alternative carrier and/or aircraft without accepting the obligation to make such arrangements. If we cancel a flight, fail to operate a flight according to its scheduled date and time, fail to stop at your destination or stopover destination, or cause you to miss a connecting flight on which you had a confirmed reservation, we shall, at your option, either:
- Carry you at the earlier opportunity on another of our scheduled flights on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your Ticket;
- Within a reasonable period of time re-route you to the destination shown on your ticket by our own flights or those of another carrier, or by other mutually agreed means and class of transportation without additional charges. If the fare and charges for the revised routing are lower than what you have paid, we shall refund the difference, or make a refund minus applicable taxes, charges and fees;
- If it is not possible to carry you to the destination shown on your ticket within a reasonable period of time using our own services and if you do not wish a refund, we may use the services of another carrier chosen by us to bring you to the destination (same class If available);
- Where your flight is due to be operated by us from an airport within the EU and has been cancelled or delayed for at least four (4) hours or you have been downgraded on an involuntary basis you may be entitled to certain rights and we will inform you about those rights when they arise;
- If you fail to reconfirm a reservation for any flight where it is required that reconfirmation is necessary, we may cancel all of your reservations. No refund of the fare paid will be available in these reservations unless permitted by the conditions applicable to your ticket;
For the comfort, safety and convenience of all our passengers, we have maximum weight and dimension limits for allowed cabin baggage which are made clear to passengers during the booking process, and again at the airport prior to check-in.
Unless stated otherwise, the maximum allowed weight for cabin baggage is 7kg.
If your cabin baggage does not meet the above-mentioned requirements, we may request that you check it in; this may incur additional charges if your ticket does not include an allowance for checked-in baggage.
If in doubt, please contact us on our support channels.
- Real, replica or toy weapons (plastic or metal), or any object which looks like a weapon or could reasonably be mistaken for a weapon;
- Tradesman’s tools;
- Ammunition, detonators, fuses, grenades, gas and gas containers such as butane, propane, acetylene, oxygen, explosives or anything which contains explosives, catapults, cross bows, harpoons and spear guns, stun or chocking devices such as prods, ballistic conducted energy weapons;
- Lighters shaped like fire arms, fireworks, flares and other pyrotechnics (including party poppers, festive crackers and toy caps);
- Non-safety matches, smoke generating canisters or cartridges, flammable liquid fuel such as petrol/gasoline, diesel, lighter fuel, alcohol, ethanol, aerosol spray paint, turpentine and paint thinner;
- Alcoholic beverages exceeding 70% by volume, acids and alkalis such as wet batteries that may spill, corrosive or bleaching substances such as mercury, or chlorine;
- Disabling or incapacitating sprays such as mace, pepper, tear gas;
- Radioactive material such as medicinal or commercial isotopes, poisons, infectious or hazardous biological material such as infected blood, bacteria and viruses;
- Materials capable of spontaneous ignition or combustion, fire extinguishers;
- Sharp objects such as darts, household cutlery, scissors, corkscrews, nail files, knives with blades of any length, knitting needles, paper knives, sporting bats and clubs, razor blades (except safety razors and accompanying cartridges), billiard, snooker or pool cues, hypodermic needles (except those required for medical reasons and accompanied by a medical certificate confirming the medical condition), hard sporting balls or martial arts devices meant to inflict bodily harm;
flyEgypt will regard this as checked baggage and issue you with a baggage identification tag.
flyEgypt complies with national and international regulations governing checked-in baggage; please check your destination country’s regulations prior to departure.
- Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations, and in our own regulations (further information is available upon request through our support channels);
- Items the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state to be flown from or to;
- Money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, stored data medication or medical equipment which may be required in-flight or during your trip or which cannot be quickly replaced if lost or damaged, house keys or car keys, negotiable papers, securities or other valuable items or documents, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples;
- Any electronic cigarettes and other portable electronic smoking equipment, in accordance with ICAO Technical Instructions document for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air (Technical Instructions - Doc. 9284);
- Weapons, firearms and ammunition for hunting and sporting purposes may be accepted at our sole discretion as checked baggage. Firearms must be unloaded, with the safety catch on, and suitably packed. Carriage of ammunition is subject to ICAO and IATA regulations as specified in Article 220.127.116.11;
- Perishable or fragile articles;
If you do include any of the items above in your check-in baggage, flyEgypt will not be liable for their loss, destruction or removal;
Small pets (e.g. cats, small dogs*, birds and other pets) can fly with us in the cabin for an additional charge. We allow a total of 3 pets on board any single flight, so save your pet’s space well in advance.
This option will be available as an ancillary service during the booking process. If not, please contact us on our support channels to inquire about availability and any applicable charges.
NOTE: flyEgypt does not transport live animals in its aircraft’s cargo hold.
* Guide dogs of all sizes are accepted.
Yes, flyEgypt can transport your audio equipment, musical instruments and sports equipment on most of its flights. Please check our ancillary services during the booking process, or contact us on our support channels
to find out what is allowed for transport and to make the necessary arrangements.
According to ICAO’s Technical Instructions document for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air (Technical Instructions - Doc. 9284), we are prohibited from accepting any electronic cigarettes and other portable electronic smoking equipment on board the aircraft, whether in the aircraft cabin or in your check-in baggage.
According to international aviation regulations, each piece of luggage must be the sole responsibility of one passenger. This means that baggage allowances are not transferrable between passengers, even if they are travelling on the same booking or are one family.
Local airport staff and security, local authorities and government bodies and police forces are responsible for checking all of your checked-in baggage articles. The security check normally includes scanning using X-ray machines to determine if your baggage includes any prohibited items (check here
). If security officials or persons responsible for the safety and security screening of your luggage find reasonable cause for concern, your baggage will be physically searched, with or without your presence. flyEgypt is not liable for or any damage suffered due to these inspections and searches conducted by us, our handling agents, government officials, airport officials, police or military officials and other airlines involved in your carriage. If you do not allow these security checks, searches and scans to be conducted, we will refuse to carry you and/or your baggage.
When you check in your baggage, we will issue you with a baggage identification tag for each piece of your luggage.
Please speak with one of our team or contact us via email providing us with your current address and contact details.
If the above-mentioned conditions do not apply to you, your baggage will be carried on an alternative flight. Unless applicable law at the place of collection requires you to be present for customs clearance, we will deliver it to you at the address you have provided to us.
In some cases, we may need to transport your luggage on a flight different from the one you took. This may be due to:
- the size, weight or character of the checked baggage was found incompatible with the aircraft’s cargo hold
- the passenger’s failure to comply with flyEgypt’s Conditions of Carriage.
Infants from 7 days to 23 months old can check-in one piece of luggage weighing up to 10kg and one fold-up stroller or car seat free of charge. For children between 2 to 11 years old, normal baggage rules apply.